Home of Pine Lake State Park
Visit us on
1442 Washington St. Eldora, IA 50627
ph: 641.939.2393 fx: 641.939.7555
from Our City Government
Right now the City of Eldora is asking citizens to join in special committees and boards.
The main purpose of committees is to review issues, resolutions, and ordinances before City Council meetings. Secondly, promote community participation by reviewing and discussing ideas before they become resolutions. Current committees are listed below. Terms of committee members are currently under review of the Council.
• Public Safety- Fire, EMS, Police and emergency services. (4 citizens with background in public safety)
• Streets and Alleys- issues and progress. (4 citizens with construction or maintenance experience)
• Parks and Recreation (4 citizens associated with parks, trails, and aquatic center)
• Utilities management (4 citizens of all backgrounds)
• Finance- budgeting and all financial aspects of City government (1 citizen with financial background)
• Personnel- Employee benefits, recruitment and retention of city employees (4 citizens with Human Relations or management background.)
Ambulance Board- the Ambulance Board shall be responsible for providing oversight, as well as management and direction of the Eldora Ambulance Service. The Ambulance Board shall consist of seven (7) members. Those seven members shall be selected as follows: Medical Director of Eldora Ambulance; two (2) members of the Eldora Health Care Advisory Board; three (3) citizens of Eldora selected by the Mayor, which term shall be for two (2) years; and one (1) member of the Council selected by the Mayor.
The city administration encourages anyone interested in being on a committee to please submit your name, phone number, committee preference, and a sentence or two stating why you want to be on the committee. All submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 939-2393, ask for David Mitchell.